What Is Alkaline Water?
Alkaline Water & Ionized Alkaline Water – What’s The Difference?
Alkalinity or Alkaline Water is any water that has a pH higher than 7.0. You can make water alkaline by adding minerals like baking soda or using chemicals to alter the pH. Many people confuse this as a substitute for Ionized Alkaline Water however they differ substantially.
Ionized Alkaline Water is the product from an Alkaline Water ionizer. This is created during the electrolysis process and is the only way to create Alkaline Ionized Water. Doing this gives you true Alkaline Ionized Water and gets rid of the low-quality water instead of altering or masking it.
Quick Answer: Alkaline water is any water that has a pH higher than 7, generally created with minerals, chemicals, and buffers. This water lacks the antioxidants needed to heal.
Benefits of Drinking Alkaline Water
What Is ORP and Why Is It Important
What Is Micro Clustered Water
Why Ionized Alkaline Water is Better Than Bottled Alkaline Water
Here are the main differences between Alkaline Ionized Water (from a water ionizer machine) and Bottled Alkaline Water you get from the store:
- Bottled alkaline water uses additives, chemicals, pH buffers and often has a positive ORP value. Our Water Ionizers create alkaline drinking water naturally and chemical free.
- Bottled alkaline water has ZERO antioxidant value carrying a positive ORP value and lacks molecular hydrogen. Our Water Ionizers produce high negative ORP and high molecular hydrogen amounts.
- Bottled alkaline water is EXPENSIVE ranging around $2 to $5 per liter. With our Water Ionizer you can expect to pay less than a penny per liter, generating unlimited amounts of Alkaline Ionized Water.
Another added benefit to making your own alkaline ionized water is the reduction of waste materials, and a smaller carbon footprint. A lot of energy and materials are required to make and transport bottled water, which is partly why the cost is so high. And since bottles of water are only used once, they usually go from the manufacturer, to the retailer, to you, into the trash. Making a very short life-cycle for the product, one that may even be considered wasteful.
Many consumers are turning to alkalizer water or alkaline ionized water, as they search for ways to be more health conscious. Ionized alkaline water is created using water alkalizers (water ionizer), which runs water from the tap through the machine to accomplish the following:
- Helps to filter out chlorine in the water, along with other toxins and chemicals that are found in the local public drinking water supply. There can be little trace amounts of potentially dangerous chemicals depending on the location, so having a system to filter these out helps to deliver healthy water.
- The water is separated into two different streams, one acidic and the other alkaline.
- The water ionizer charges the water with negative hydrogen ions to achieve its final molecular structure.
- The water ionizer adds antioxidants like oxygen while lowing the ORP
- The molecules of the water are broken down into about half the size of regular water molecules straight from the tap. This helps the body absorb them much quicker, and it also results in nutrients and minerals being absorbed by the body and utilized much faster.
The water that we drink straight form the tap is not the healthiest, and sadly many bottled water manufacturers are simply bottling tap water! Many consumers would be shocked to find out that the water that they are paying a premium for that comes in a plastic bottle is not any different from the water that they can get in their kitchen directly from the tap. As more information about this is spread and made public, more consumers begin to look for alternatives, and that leads many to alkalizer water.
What is ORP and -ORP?
ORP is measure of oxidation reduction potential in a liquid, such as: soda, water, green tea and coffee.
When a substance has a -ORP, it’s packed with antioxidants. These antioxidants help eliminate free radicals, and repair the body.
Quick Answer: ORP is the measure of the Oxidation Reduction Potential of a substance.
ORP Measures Antioxidants, and Antioxidants
HELP YOU HEAL!
You may have heard that green tea is high in antioxidants, which is true. On average a cup of green tea will have a -ORP of 120mV.
On the opposite side of the ORP scale is positive ORP. A positive ORP will cause excessive oxidation, and free radicals in the body. Most soda products (acidic) and carbonated beverages have a positive ORP.
Surprisingly, most bottled water actually contributes to oxidation, because it has a positive ORP.
Negative -ORP is highly reactive, and dynamic, and does not “stay” in solution for more than a few days before returning to a neutral, or positive state. This why ionized water is best consumed immediately after it’s produced. Ionized water will ‘go flat’ and loose and antioxidant qualities with a few days.
You can see the ‘off gassing’ of ionized water as oxygen bubbles begin to collect in a glass of ionized water. As more and more of these oxygen bubbles collect and are ‘off gassed’ the -ORP will drop.
The Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 7.0™ can create a highly antioxidant rich solution, with a -ORP of up to 800 depending on source water. If you consume this water immediately after it’s produced by the water ionizer machine you enjoying solution that is substantially high in oxidation reduction potential (free radical neutralizing).
The Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 9.0™ can create a water with a -ORP of 860, which is on the top end of the spectrum. At the “daily drinking” setting you will enjoy a -ORP of approximately 300, more than 3x the antioxidants found in a cup of green tea!
TEST YOUR DRINKING WATER
GET YOUR FREE PH KIT
GET YOUR FREE PH KIT
Please Accept this 20$ Value